Welcome to Culinary Chemistry!

Author: L. A. Briggs // Category:
Posted January 25, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Hello and welcome to Culinary Chemistry!

These posts are aimed at providing insight into the chemistry, science and technology behind both the food itself and the tools used within the kitchen. My intention is to examine an aspect of culinary art on a nearly daily basis and to detail the science that is involved with each aspect. As am aspiring biochemical engineer, I am well versed in the language of science and food, and will hopefully be able to shed some light on the subject.

In addition to the science, I will be sharing delicious recipes that I have found in my culinary adventures over the past few years. In many cases, I will be modifying these recipes as needed to make clarifications on instructions and methods so that the recipes are easier to understand. Over the course of this blog, I will strive to seek the answers to many of the commonly wondered about topics, as well as many topics that many people may not have even wondered about.

Feel free to comment on any posts. I welcome requests about topics or questions that you would like explained or answered. Please, however, keep your comments civil. Unruly comments will be deleted.

4 Responses to "Welcome to Culinary Chemistry!"

Jen Schneider Says :
1/25/11, 10:32 AM

Love the blog design! And the images. Looking forward to seeing more posts.

Bre Says :
1/25/11, 8:47 PM

I love this idea!!! Seeing as I love to cook and bake I'm really looking forward to reading your blog!

Michelle Says :
1/25/11, 10:47 PM

Wow I'm really jealous of your design. I'm looking forward to your future posts. I am just beginning to experiment with cooking so I hope you can pass along some tips of the trade.

Taylor R Says :
1/26/11, 4:47 PM

You should be sure and write some posts on BBQ'in and smoking recipes.

Post a Comment